The Illusion school includes spells deceive the senses or minds of others. They cause people to see things that are not there, not see things that are there, hear phantom noises, or remember things that never happened. Among these spells are included invisibility and disguise self. A wizard who specializes in the schools of illusion is referred to as an illusionist.
- Figment: A figment spell creates an image/sound of something that isn't there but cannot make something appear to be something else.
- Glamour: A spell from this sub-school can fool all of the senses, sight, hearing, touch, taste, smell and can also make creatures and object disappear.
- Pattern: Pattern spells are similar to figments, but they also can affect the minds of those perceiving them, often with negative effects.
- Phantasm: Phantasms are personal mental images conjured into the subject's mind such as making them believe that they are witnessing their worst nightmare or a loved one. Observers see nothing.
- Shadow: Using extra-dimensional energy, illusions from this sub-school are partially real and can affect the world around them or damage things.
|Spheres of magic|
|Abjuration | Conjuration | Divination | Enchantment | Evocation | Illusion | Necromancy | Transmutation|